- Art, Robert. A Grand Straegy for America, Cornell University Press, 2004.
- Bartlett, Bruce. 2012 (June 12). The Fiscal Legacy of George W. Bush. The New York Times.
- Bortin, Meg. 2005 (November 17). ‘‘Survey Shows a Revival of Isolationism in U.S.,’’ New York Times.
- CBO (Congressional Budget office). 2001. The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2002-2011
- Clapper. James. 2013 (March 12), “Worldwide Threat Assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Community”, Office of Director of National Intelligence
- Clapper. James. 2014 (January 29), “Worldwide Threat Assessment of the U.S. Intelligence Community”, Office of Director of National Intelligence.
- DoD (Department of Defense). 2012. Sustaining US Global Leadership: Priorities for 21st century Defense.
- Friedman, George. 2013 (December 31). The Crisis of the Middle Class and American Power, Stratfor.
- Friedman, Thomas. 2015 (April 5). Iran and the Obama Doctrine, The New York Times.
- Fukuyama, Francis. 2012(January/February). The Future of History: Can Liberal Democracy Survive the Decline of the Middle Class?. Foreign Affairs.
- Fukuyama, Francis. 2014.
America in Decay, The Sources of Political Dysfunction. Foreign Affairs
- Gravelle, Jane G. 2011. Addressing the Long-Run Budget Deficit: A Comparison of Approaches, Congressional Research Service.
- Haass, Richard. 2013. Foreign Policy Begins at Home: he Case for Putting America's House in Order. Basic Books.
- Harrison, Todd. 2013 (September 29). Defense Cuts Conundrum: Weighing the Hard Choices Ahead. Foreign Affairs.
- JCS (Joint Chief of Staff). 2015. The National Military Strategy of the United States of America 2015.
- Bennett, John. 2014 (February 11). “US Intel Officials Differ With Obama in View of al-Qaida,” Defense News.
- Joseph Nye, 2004. “Soft Power and American Foreign Policy,” Political Science Quarterly 119:2.
- Kissinger, Henry. 2015 (January 29). Hearing on “Global Challenges and U.S. National Security Strategy”, The United States Committee on Armed Services.
- Krasner, Stephen. 2010. An Orienting Principle for Foreign Policy, Policy Review, No. 163.
- Mark Landler, 2014 (May 29). “Obama Warns U.S. Faces Diffuse Terrorism Threats,” New York Times.
- Markovich, Steven. 2014 (February 3). The Income Inequality Debate, Council on Foreign Relations.
- Mearsheimer, John. 2011 (Jan / Feb). Imperial by Design. National Interest. Number 111.
- Mike Nizza, 2007 (July 17). “Intelligence Estimate on Terrorism Released,” New York Times,
- NIC (National Intelligence Council). 2012. Global Trends 2030: Alternative Worlds.
- NSS (National Security Strategy). 2010. The White House.
- NSS (National Security Strategy). 2015. The White House.
- Perry, William & John Abizaid. 2014 (July 31). Ensuring a Strong U.S. Defense for the Future. The National Defense Panel Review of the 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review. The National Defense Panel.
- Posen, Barry. 1985. The sources of Military Doctrine: France, Britain and Germany Between the World Wars, Ithaca: Cornell University Press.
- QDR (Quadrennial Defense Review). 2010. Department of Defense.
- QDR (Quadrennial Defense Review). 2014. Department of Defense.
- Reeves, Richard. 2015 (September 3). The dangerous separation of the American upper middle class, Brookings Institute.
- Rose, Gideon. 1998. Neoclassical Realism and Theories of Foreign Policy, World Politics, 51(1), pp. 144-172
- Taliaferro. Jeffrey; Steven Lobell & Norrin Ripsman. 2009. Introduction: Neoclassical realism, the state, and foreign policy, in Steven Lobell, Norrin Ripsman & Jeffrey Taliaferro (Eds.), 2009. Neoclassical Realism, the State, and Foreign Policy, Cambridge University Press.
- Walker, Dinah. 2014 (July 15). Trends in U.S. Military Spending, Council on Foreign Relations.
- Wohlworth, William
. 1993. The Elusive Balance: Power and Perceptions during the Cold War
(Ithaca: Cornell University Press)
- Zakaria, Fareed
. 1998. From Wealth to Power: The Unusual Origins of America's World Role
(Princeton: University Press)